And rebloggable by MY request.
FUCKING DERAILMENT ON MY DASH.
if i had a fucking dollar
for every time i heard a “well, not all men (/white people/cis people/heterosexuals/OTHER PRIVILEGED GROUP) are like that!”
i wouldn’t be struggling to pay for college.
it does not matter that “not all men are like that!!!11!”
it does not matter that there are men who support womens’ healthcare.
it does not matter that op feels fucking righteous about this. we are allowed to be angry at men.
You are generalizing all men into the beliefs of these view.
It would be sexist and bigoted for me to say all women are pro-life because some are, wouldn’t it?
So, you are being sexist because you can’t handle your feelings and are making bigoted generalizations.
That’s not fucking derailment, we’re trying to push the discussion off of men being evil and pushing it back onto the fact of abortion.
Consider that you may be the one derailing.
No this is actually fucking derailment. Please read what I said. We know “not all men are like that.” We get that.
But it’s not fucking relevant here. Because men are taking away our rights and healthcare and expecting us to look the other way.
Once more for the slow blogger: We know “not all men are like that” but we have a right to be fucking angry at men right now!
You are blatantly staying that you know not all men are like that, yet still choice to say that all men are like that.
Men are not taking away your rights. A shitty bunch of politicians who can’t follow their own rules are taking away their rights. And they happen to be men.
Okay, lemme break this down nice and easy:
1) We live in a society with a patriarchy. This means that, as a man, you have more rights than a woman. Whether you wanted it or not, you have them, so you have to live aware of this!
2) As you were raised in a society with a patriarchy, your behavior will be based in the sexism taught by your society. Even the most well intending man can and will still do things that are harmful to women’s rights, usually without even noticing it! Men are taking away women’s rights, not just politicians.It is their duty to, once they notice that something they do is subversively harming women, they make efforts to stop.
3) How will you know when you do something that harms women? They should tell you! Now here is the trickiest part to get, so pay attention: no one has an obligation to be nice when they tell you that you are taking away their rights. Read that line a couple times, let it sink in. Whether you mean to or not, you are almost certainly taking away rights simply by being a normal man in today’s society because your very upbringing was a sexist one. It sucks! But as much as it sucks for you to essentially have to fight being sexist your whole life, take a second and think what it feels like to be losing your rights and safety as a result of this.
Two wrong don’t make a right! But sitting around and letting yourself be wronged while your best “nice” efforts don’t fix anything is not acceptable. If you are offended when someone says a comment about all men, good!!! It means a women exerted a power over you, which is good! Women will not get equality by standing by and asking politely. Men have shown they will not listen. "Not allllll men!" you say! Well okay! As one of those men who wants women to have equal right, I expect you to take such comments as important addition to the discourse! Those comments can upset you, and that’s not so good… but the revolution will not be painless for any sex.
Just as I as a woman have to deal with pains from men, you should deal with them from women! “Why??" Because comments like this empower women. As a sex that is pushed down their entire existence, women need to be able to be ANGRY at men! All men! If you are one that is not like those "stuffy politicians," then even if you don’t understand why it is necessary to empower women in such a way and to allow them to blame their oppressors (you included remember! society’s influences on you!!), you will understand it needs to happen.
Being nice and not hurting feelings is not going to get anyone rights. It never has! Feelings will be hurt and my friend, men are the oppressors, men are the ones who will have hurt feelings. This is all, of course, not mentioning violence against women or how it should even be a matter of "don’t say all men are like that!!! I’m offended!!!" when men are denying women basic rights and safety. All men are a part of that puzzle, whether they are in congress or a little boy pulling on a girl’s ponytail. We’re built to perpetrate this system.
And as a last point, the “men” that is referred to is, of course, talking about today’s society’s men. You should hate that “men” too! If you don’t want to be sexist then you should hate that you were raised to be harmful to women! You should be angry too!
Having to deal with being considered an oppressor because of your sex is a small price to pay for women’s empowerment, furthering equality, and women’s rights and safety.
319 Notes/ Hide
- nosvertu likes this
- thevoiceoftheagency reblogged this from inarikitsune
- inarikitsune reblogged this from judgemagister-steel
- inarikitsune likes this
- ebonrune reblogged this from nathanialroyale and added:
- realhitvz likes this
- ladycauthon reblogged this from therealsourpatchninja
- we-allwantsomething-beautiful reblogged this from therealsourpatchninja
- direwolfing likes this
- gimmethefuckingcheesemami reblogged this from nocturnaljourneyman
- gimmethefuckingcheesemami likes this
- imarighty01 likes this
- kelliedove reblogged this from winterfang
- theywillliveagaininfreedom likes this
- hvorfordette reblogged this from fuckingradfems
- puravida-mae reblogged this from negative-chill
- negative-chill reblogged this from fuckingradfems
- glimturner reblogged this from timidaria
- thiskeepshappening likes this
- timidaria reblogged this from the-real-actual-doctor
- the-nipple-master reblogged this from the-real-actual-doctor and added:
- bennieandtheregrets likes this
- majere636 reblogged this from commanderabuttvsfrankenstein
- veryfashionable reblogged this from inevitabilly and added:
- winterfang reblogged this from apollothesungod
- stormfennec reblogged this from fuckingradfems
- thos-damn-cheetahs reblogged this from lostdaemon
- clementmoraschi likes this
- lostdaemon reblogged this from jamesgatzishauntingthepool
- lostdaemon likes this
- samaelcarver reblogged this from nietzschesspookyghost and added:
- inevitabilly reblogged this from commanderabuttvsfrankenstein
- dai-gurren-official likes this
- nietzschesspookyghost reblogged this from fuckingradfems
- secondbreakfast-slattern likes this
- nathanialroyale reblogged this from fuckingradfems and added:
- theregoesmyfearow reblogged this from illogicalrabbit
- fakedogma reblogged this from egalitariansalarian
- qvarantine reblogged this from fuckingradfems
- thesnowflakemenagerie reblogged this from fallenagain
- necrotic-harlot likes this
- stroemungswrack likes this
- khaleesiskeleton reblogged this from rhysiare
- rhysiare reblogged this from fuckingradfems
- a-the-shade reblogged this from twilightfreefaller
- a-the-shade likes this
- twilightfreefaller reblogged this from bewareoftentacles
- rhysiare likes this
- fallenagain reblogged this from fuckingradfems